ADSS (all dielectric self supporting) fiber Optic Cable is used by electrical utility enterprises as a communications medium, installed along existed overhead transmission lines and usually sharing the same support structures as the electrical conductors. The tubes are filled with a water-resistant filling compound. The tubes (and fillers) are stranded around FRP(Fiber Reinforced Plastic) as a non-metallic central strength member into a compact and circular cable core. we make custom ADSS fiber optic cables, depending on customer specific needs for the voltage, span, fiber types, fiber core numbers and length, etc. we have single mode and multimode versions adss fiber optic cables.
ADSS Cable Features
- Small cable Diameter, light weight, 1,500m span, low attached load on tower.
- Tension strength is over 90KN.
- Non-metal structure, good insulation, anti-thunder.
- Fine production technology, even force for aramid fiber, with superior stress flexibility.
- Anti-electro-corrosion, suitable for bad climate.
- Can be laid while power on, a power line failure doesn’t influence ADSS cable function.
ADSS fiber cable is in loose tube structure. Optical fibers are positioned into a high modulus plastics loose tube. The ADSS cables tubes are filled with water-resistant compound. The tubes (and fillers) are stranded around Fiber Reinforced Plastic (FRP) as a non-metallic central strengthen member into a compact and round cable core. After the ADSS cable core is built with filling compound. it is made with thin PE (polyethylene) inner sheath. After stranded layer of Kevlar are applied around the inner sheath as strength member, the cable is completed with PE or AT outer jacket.
- ADSS cable is used with overhead power lines.
- For overhead power lines under 110kV, PE outer sheath is recommended.
- For power lines equal to or over 110kV, AT outer sheath is recommended.
- Based on various span requirement, custom ADSS cable is available with unique design of Kevlar quantity and stranding process.